Robert L. Mason worked in the Franklin Township schools for his entire career. He began as a science and agriculture teacher in 1949. He served as Assistant Principal and then Principal at Franklin Central from 1960-1966 and Superintendent from 1966 until his retirement in 1982. During his tenure he led the school district from a rural system of 2000 students to a suburban corporation of more than 3700. He is remembered as an educational leader, a respected teacher, mentor and administrator, and a trusted member of the community.